Monday, April 15, 2013

Perilous times

As I traveled to work this morning, I heard that the Boston Marathon would be taking place today. The thought of those runners doing something extraordinary lifted my spirits. As a casual runner, I appreciate what running does for me. Running has helped unify us as a family and has become a defining feature in our family.

I was saddened when I learned that two explosions occurred at the marathon today at the finish line. While the situation is under investigation, suspicions are that it was an act of terror. While this would be quite tragic, I would not be wholly surprised.

We live in perilous times. This is not anything new. Only our faith in God and our shear tenacity to move forward, combatting those would seek to instill fear within our hearts, will give us the power to keep going. Our love for each other must abound.

We must never define ourselves through the lens of fear. We are powerful and strong. We rise when we fall. And we never succomb to the threats of cowards or let their taunts disrupt our joy. Above all we place our faith in God and He will deliver us from our afflictions or strengthen us to endure them. And should we die? All is well. All will be made right in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment